5 Best Resource Planning Tools
Resources can include anything from people, technical equipment, materials, and facilities.
Resource planning also includes managing talent that is already available.
Such a tool allows you to plan and allocate resources.
1. Hub Planner
Hub Planner provides an array of business functionalities. The tool is used by small, medium, and enterprise-level businesses alike.
- You can use Hub Planner with their plug and play plan for $7/resource, per month
- They also offer a premium plan for $18/resource, per month
- Customizable enterprise plan catered for your needs
- Hub Planner also offers a 60-day free trial so you can test out the software and see whether it is right for you.
Saviom is a resource planning and workforce planning tool.
With Saviom you can take advantage of a high-level Gantt scheduler which can sync your business-wide resource activities.
With real-time business intelligence dashboards, you can predict in-demand skills, shifts in the work pipeline, and resource demands.
- Saviom has a tiered pricing model
- Contact the provider for a quote that is customized to your organization.
3. ActiveCollab Workload
The software is aimed at improving team performance and project planning.
The software helps in resource management by giving you an overview of your team across projects and tasks.
- ActiveCollab costs $7/month, per member with an additional paid bundle of $4/month for workload management and other features.
- ActiveCollab also offers a 14-day free trial to test out the software.
4. Microsoft Planner
Microsoft Planner is Microsoft Project’s resource planning function, which is used by over 20+ million people.
The tool is aimed to provide a simple, visual way to organize teamwork.
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard costs $12.50/month, per user
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium costs $20/month, per user
- Microsoft 365 E3 costs $32/month, per user
- Microsoft 365 E5 costs $57/month, per user
- Microsoft 365 F3 costs $10/month, per user
Mavenlink has modules for project management, resource management, accounting, team collaboration, and business intelligence.
Some of the key features offered in Mavenlink are:
- resource forecasting
- capacity management
- scenario planning
- real-time utilization
- role-based planning
- skills management
Mavenlink also offers integrations with what they call M-Bridge.